Another version of peanut butter stew!
Aneri's note: Poor Chad. It's neighbors get all the attention and it is a bit of a forgotten country. But this amazing stew recipe puts it right back on the map!
Difficulty level (1-10): 5
Daraba is just chock full of veggies. I felt like I gained a superpower eating this dish. I would recommend using a low-fat low-sugar peanut butter for this recipe.
Okra - 12 oz (note I like to sauté them before adding to dishes to remove the slime), chopped
Tomatoes - 3, chopped
Sweet potato - 1, chopped and peeled
Eggplant - 1, chopped
Hard greens (kale, chard, collard, etc) - 1 lb, torn into pieces
Carrot - 2, chopped
Onion - 1/2 chopped
Peanut butter - 1 cup
Vegetable bouillon - 1
Cayenne - to taste
Salt & pepper
1. Add all vegetables except Okra and greens to a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Add cayenne and salt and pepper & bouillon cube
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 min
3. Add okra and greens and cook for another 10 min
4. Add peanut butter to the pot and simmer with sauce thickened
5. Add salt and pepper as needed
Serve with rice on the side.
Recipe inspired by messy kitchen and healthy addict