Aneri's note: Brazil is a country that has been in my top list for years to visit! I hope to update this blog post in the next 3 years :)
Pao de Queijo
Difficulty level (1-10): 7
Whole milk - 1 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Tapioca flour - 10 oz
Eggs - 2
Parmesan cheese - 1 cup, grated
Mozzerella - 1 cup
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place milk, salt, and oil in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Stop when bubbles emerge
3. Add tapioca flour to a bowl and add milk mixture and stir, dough will be grainy
4. Cool the dough and beat with a beater for a few minutes on medium
5. Beat in the eggs
6. Beat in the cheese
7. Scoop out a small piece and put on a cookie sheet or muffin pan. Repeat until all created, keeping at least 2 inches apart
8. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe influenced by the kitchn and Olivia's cusine.
Want more veg Brazilian recipes? Check out Feijoada - a veggie black bean stew!